About Me

My photo
I love red velvet cake, glitter, music, car washes, and nail polish. I am a southern belle with a hint of cajun class. Starting this blog was a challenge to do something I WANTED to do not because I HAD to.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Harvest Festival

Tonight was a wonderful night of thanks!  As long as I can remember the Wednesday night before thanksgiving the family attends the Harvest Festival at church.  Every year there is a memorial for the men and women who have gone to be with the Lord since last Thanksgiving.  This year was particularly difficult since Mrs. Anita's name was on the list along with some very prominent members of our church.  During Brother LaMon's sermon I got to thinking about all of the many things I am thankful for...

Faith
Family
Rosebell (of course the others too)
Friends even though I don't get to see them that often
Phi Mu for this amazing journey called "work" :)
Phi Mu consultants
and so much more!

Brother LaMon said something that I really like...He talked about how being ungrateful was just a part of life.  We cannot help at times that we are ungrateful because there is so much that we could be grateful for this in world.  The last thing that will always stick with me is that we do not know when the last time we will have the opportunity to say thank you to someone we care about.  So my challenge to you: Call someone that you have not spoken to in a while and tell them how thankful you are for their presence in your life.

presh right?
couldn't help but throw this in 

No comments:

Post a Comment