About Me

My photo
I love red velvet cake, glitter, music, car washes, and nail polish. I am a southern belle with a hint of cajun class. Starting this blog was a challenge to do something I WANTED to do not because I HAD to.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Butterfly blessings

While visiting the Theta Chapter at Belmont University I had an amazing opportunity.  Down the road from the school is Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.  It is an amazing facility that takes care of thousands of children a year.  The Phi Mu chapter is very blessed to be able to have a hospital so close...you can't be hands on service to a CMN Hospital.  Katie Rush, newly elected President for the Theta Chapter was my tour guide along with her mom.  Now I don't exactly remember the right title but Katie's mom holds the position of Chief of Staff for one area of the children's department.  She came and met us and gave me a little private tour and run down of the hospital.  It was great to see how important Phi Mu's involvement is with our national Philanthropy.  Since 1986 Phi Mu has nationally sponsored Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and over 8.5 million dollars has been raised.  Incredible! This tour allowed me to see all that I am thankful for...my faith, family, job, health, and opportunities like this one!



In front of the Butterfly Garden
All of the donations to the hospital are rewarded by a butterfly and added to this beautiful site for the hospital
Phi Mu-Belmont University-Theta Chapter
Sponsors of CMN


Who doesn't LOVE Cat in the Hat!

Front Doors of the Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment