About Me

My photo
I love red velvet cake, glitter, music, car washes, and nail polish. I am a southern belle with a hint of cajun class. Starting this blog was a challenge to do something I WANTED to do not because I HAD to.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Indy

My trip to Indy was oh so fantastic!  IUPUI's campus is downtown so it was nice to see the city life.  I think I experience 3 seasons while I was there Spring-Fall-Winter!  The weather was crazy, but I loved getting to explore some of the city.  I even had the opportunity to meet a Zeta Tau Alpha consultant.  We had a nice girls day out in Indy-food and shopping!  What sorority girl doesn't love that? It was so relaxing to sit and chat with another consultant who knows your struggles and small victories!
yay for Panhellenic bonding time!

Lucas Oil Stadium where the Super Bowl was played this past year.

I sent this to my parents and said, "dinner"...ha! Mom - Dad really? Y'all are crazy if you believed a chapter would spend $50 plus on a meal for me.  I WISH that would have been dinner, but nope.  Saving that one for the next family vaycay!! hear that dad!?


In honor of Founder's Day the Ritual Chairman found some old Aglaia (Phi Mu's magazine) issues...I found the Kappa Iota articles in the back.  So cool!

 

Emily (left) is the Panhellenic delegate and Grace (right) is the Phi Director...these two were surely great to meet during my visit.  They are inspiration leaders in their chapter.

Looking forward to seeing Emily in San Antonio this summer for convention!


I was able to experience Big Sister Reveal! This poor pinata! It had it coming!
Inside the pinata were pictures of each big sister that had to be put together for the little to finally know who her one and only big sister would be!

These girls were hilarious while attempting to bust this pinata!

here we gooooo! 

the after math...not too bad!

I'll take a wack at it :)

Little sisters scrambling to put their picture puzzle together!
In honor of Founder's Day some fraternity men brought the chapter flowers! This was such a sweet gesture and of course I am all in favor of hand written notes. 

 

This was my first year to experience Founder's Day away from Kappa Iota.  It was great to be with the Rho Alpha girls on this fabulous day in history!  160 years of vibrant sisterhood!
I am front and center in the picture.



 I found this Theatre while visiting.  I could not resist a picture of a gorgeous theatre.  



One night the chapter took me to the Colts Grille!  It was SO yummy.  I could not help but think ha! Saints beat the Colts in the Super bowl in 2010....sorry Meg (if you are reading this)


What a great trip to Indy.  I had a great time getting to know the chapter, celebrate Founder's Day, experience a fiesta for Big Sister reveal, and tour a little bit.
So blessed.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment