About Me

My photo
I love red velvet cake, glitter, music, car washes, and nail polish. I am a southern belle with a hint of cajun class. Starting this blog was a challenge to do something I WANTED to do not because I HAD to.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trip to the Nation's capital!

Washington DC was fabulous!...well except for the weather.  This southern gal was freezing! We toured the American History Museum and the Natural History Museum.  I was blown away by the Star Spangled Banner exhibit, maybe because I have sung our national anthem many times for festivals, pageants, ball games.  My breath was literally taken away when I saw the original (star spangled banner) flag.  It was gorgeous.  Unfortunately photos were not allowed.  Enjoy the pictures from the tour.  It was like I revisited an 8th grade field trip...although Bunkie Middle never took us to DC!  

Add caption


Thank you Ralph Lauren
such an American icon!

Dumbo ride from Disneyland

original ruby slippers

original muppets


First Lady exhibit....AMAZING!



Michelle Obama's dress from the inaugural ball...beautiful

Michelle's jewelry.  so many carats!





Hope Diamond
Harry Winston designed three different designs
The public was able to vote on which setting they would like to see
It will be back to its normal setting soon

wowzer!

Washington memorial

Loved this view!

Ben's chili bowl
so many famous peeps have dined here!


Membership Director and President for Gamma Delta before the start of a long week of Recruitment workshops

No comments:

Post a Comment